Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fifteenth and Sixteenth

FIFTEENTH WEEK

HIGASHIYAMA ZOO

 Take the train at Hongo St. and get off at Higashiyama Koen. Then just follow the signs that lead to Higashiyama Zoo & Botanical Gardens.



 It's exit #3

 Once you leave the underground go to the right.
 Walking that way there will be a supermarket called Food Front.
 Pass the supermarket.

 Keep going straight and the zoo will be at the end.  Entrance is 500 yen.
 I came after running some errands so by the time I got to the zoo it was close to closing time. So what I saw most was people cleaning the habitats and only a few animals.
 I don't know if it was because they were cleaning the habitats or what, but the animals I did see were in really small enclosures, too small if you ask me.

 That's the Sky Tower.


 They really do stand up in one leg.
 I really hope that the animals were in such small cages because their habitats were being cleaned.








That was the last animal I had a chance to see.  The zoo was much bigger but I ran out of time and I had to leave the zoo.

SIXTEENTH WEEK

SKIING & SNOWBOARDING

 Some friends took me skiing and snowboarding for the first time.  I was more busy trying out snowboarding and skiing than taking photos, so I only took a few when I first got there. I managed to get the hang of skiing pretty quick, since the dynamics of turning was a little like skating for me.  But snowboarding I could never got the hang of.  Eventually I managed to fall hard on my tailbone when I lost control snowboarding.  Didn't break it, but I did bruise it.  It hurt a lot when I fell and when I kept falling afterwards, but it hurt more the next day.







No comments:

Post a Comment