Monday, April 1, 2013

Nineteenth and Twentieth Weeks

NINETEENTH WEEK

We had the placement test coming up so I did nothing but study.  Really, the only time I went out was to the supermarket when I ran out of food.  The placement test determines which level of class you get placed in, and unless you want to be bored by studying basically the same thing you want to get placed high.  Therefore, I studied to get placed as high as I could.  All I was doing was reviewing what I had learned the previous semester, but I wanted to make sure I didn't get placed on a level near last semesters.

TWENTIETH WEEK

SWEETS CASTLE & INUYAMA CASTLE

 Sweets Castle is located in Inuyama city.  A friend who lives in Inuyama invited me to go there and we met at a station, then drove to the castle.

 It really is very big. 
 This wedding-looking cake display is really made of sweets. But definitely not for eating.

 Throughout the castle there were many impressive displays that were made out of sweets.  This is from Sleeping Beauty.

 Snow White.
 Thumbelina.
 That's made of sweets too.  You can even see them, and touch them, when you pass under it.









 Apparently this display has never been completed, but you can barely tell.

 This is a description of one of the displays and it includes a list of ingredients


















 I really wanted to eat one of these cakes.
 The upper body is not candy, it's ceramic, but the bottom is candy.





 There was a small buffet of sweets, just sweets.  They had some cakes, sadly none like the displays, pudding, ice cream, crepes, and more.
 After we had sweets for lunch, my friend took me to Inuyama castle.

 Unlike Nagoya castle, it wasn't renovated inside so no elevators.

 The sakura, cherry blossoms, were starting to bloom by this point.

 The stairs were really steep and the steps were so small I kept hitting my toes until I started placing my foot sideways.









 This room had hidden compartments, where the samurai would hide and be ready to attack if their lord was in danger during the meetings he held.


 According to my friend, the Japanese people of the era were much shorter, and that's why we had to kneel to be able to look out the windows.



 Though the view from the castle was worth it.
 





 A graveyard
 A feris wheel in what looks like the middle of nowhere, but my friend says it's in a monkey park.

No comments:

Post a Comment