Monday, October 1, 2012

Fourth Week

STUDIO GHILBI STORE

There's a small Studio Ghilbi store in one of the many underground malls by Nagoya Station and I went there this week.

 Get off at Nagoya Station and look for exit #9.
 Which brings you out on the right side of the entrance to Nagoya Station.
 Turn left by the sign next to the escalators.
 Go inside the doors on the right.
 Go straight until you reach the other side of the station.
 Pass the golden clock.
 A good way is to follow the signs pointing to the Shinkansen.
 There is an information corner where you can go if you have any questions or get lost and they do speak English.
Here you can buy tickets for the Shinkansen.
 There are ticket machines, though I think it's only in Japanese.
 Or personnel, I'm not sure if they speak English or not.
 Past the Shinkansen ticket center is another information corner, where you can exchange the Japan Rail Pass coupon.  The Japan Rail Pass is sold by the JR train company, which operates the Shinkansen and other railways throughout Japan.  The pass is only for tourists, since I'm on a student visa I'm not eligible.  You can only purchase the JR Pass coupon outside Japan and you purchase it for use during a certain number of days, so 7 days or 14 days, etc.  When you exchange the coupon you decide which counts as the first day, and then within the number of days you purchased you can get on any JR train or bus, excluding the Nozomi Shinkansen, for free as many times as you want.
 Back to Studio Ghilbi store, pass the second information corner and head in the direction of the Shinkansen Tracks, North Entrance.
 Go out the doors to the left of the Shinkansen tracks entrance.
 The store is in the underground mall called Esca.
 Go down the stairs.
 Go inside the mall.
Turn on the first right.
 Keep walking straight.
 Pass the bookstore on the right.
 A little more and the store will be on the left.



The souvenir I got from the store.  I have no idea what it is but it was from my favorite Studio Ghilbi movie, Howl's Moving Castle, which they didn't have a lot of, and it looks nice.




OSU KANNON

The city tour took us to Osu Kannon, but I returned to do some shopping.  However, I ran into some friends and shopping turned into hanging out.
 It had been raining on the day of the tour, and because I didn't want to get my camera wet I only took one quick picture.  This time it was nice and sunny.
 The big temple at Osu Kannon.
  Apparently, some people like to come and feed the pigeons by the temple, or so I heard.  After I took this picture is when I ran into friends and got distracted.
 However, we made a very nice discovery at the arcade in Osu Kannon.
 I'd heard about it, but it was very exciting to see for myself.
 The cockpilot arcade game from the Gundam series.
 It was awesome, even if someone left some trash.  It wasn't me, I swear.
 And without the flash...
 You get to see what the game actually looks like.
The game is apparently an online game, where you're battling other people. It was ¥500 a game, a little steep for us, so we didn't try it.

Later we stopped for dessert at a crepe shop.  Yes, without eating dinner first.
 I'm not sure if there was a special going on that day or if it is everyday, but all crepes were only ¥320.  A fact I learned after I had chosen and order a crepe based on its price.  The one I really wanted was ¥400, but I was a little short so I chose one that was ¥350 and still only had to pay ¥320.
 The display of the delicious-looking crepes they sell.
 The menu which you can see just by walking by.
 The crepe I ordered.
It was a banana, strawberry, and chocolate crepe.  So good.

EXTRAS
 I suggest buying re-usable bags at the ¥100 store to use because some places, like the drugstore by Proxy, charge you for plastic bags.  At the drugstore it's only ¥2 a bag, but it does add up.
We also got out bank books this week, which is really interesting.  You can use the bank books at the JP bank ATMs instead of a card.  The cash card works as well, but it's fun using the book.

Fun Fact:  At one of the underground malls near Nagoya Station, I have no idea which one since I was lost at the time, you have to pay ¥10 to use the restrooms.  I had been merely been looking to throw away some trash so I just turned right around.


No comments:

Post a Comment