Monday, June 17, 2013

Thirty-First Week

This week I went with a friend for a visit of their grandmother who lives in the countryside in Toyota City. We just went for a visit. They gave me some tea and Japanese snacks, while we talked for a while.  My friend speaks English, but her family doesn't, so the conversation was in Japanese with an occasional translation from my friend.
 I've noticed that taking pictures inside or of residences or stores can be considered rude, so I decided not to take pictures of my friend's family's house. But I did take pictures of the view from the house.



 For lunch they took me to a local restaurant where the sell a dish called "Goheimochi."  It's a very large piece of mochi, a rice cake, covered with a type of sweet miso and it's on a large stick.  It was very good, but I was so hungry that I forgot to take a picture until I was in the car on the way back.

 After lunch, my friend's family wanted to go to the miso factory that I went to in November, so I went again.  After the tour, we were all a little sleepy from a full stomach, so we stopped for coffee before heading back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment